Virtualisation is a promising trend in the development of computer systems. It allows for separation of physical hardware from application software. This unique property provides several advantages:
- longer life cycle of the control system,
- more efficient utilisation of the computing performance available,
- central management with lower costs than in the case of conventional systems,
- greater robustness and reliability,
- shorter recovery time after extensive defects,
- lower overall cost in comparison with conventional systems.
The basis of the virtual infrastructure for a control system is a group of equal physical servers which on the one hand provides the necessary computing power and on the other hand is available to compensate for hardware defects. All necessary virtual instances are located here - servers, operator and engineering stations. This structure can be divided into several physically separated locations. Access is ensured by means of thin clients, which - owing to their simplicity - make replacement by non-professional staff possible within a few minutes.
The path from a physical to a virtual infrastructure can lead in various directions. Three concepts can in principal be implemented according to the requirements of the future user:
- complete replacement of control systems using a virtual infrastructure,
- gradual replacement of control systems along with gradual creation of a virtual system ranging from a minimum functional solution right through to full configuration,
- virtualisation of existing control systems, which should however be regarded rather as service work than a long-term solution.
We ensure all activities relating to control system virtualisation – from the feasibility study right through to implementation and subsequent service. We specialise in products from VMware, which is a leader on the virtualisation software market.
Virtualised solution can be applied in all types of industrial production. With regards to its scalability, we are able to draw up these solutions for small and big customers with a various degree of complexity of the functions required.